Mind Blank for Primary Schools
Mind Blank aims to reduce this risk of suicide through interactive theatre in schools and communities.
We partner with service providers to:
- Enhance children and young people’s knowledge around mental health issues.
- Make sure our next generation know where to seek support.
Theatre use in an educational setting can help students open up discussions from their shared experience...they are receptive to listening attentively and correctly identify the educational message being portrayed (Waters, Monks, Ayres & Thomson, 2012).
How the program works in schools
- Showcase a story of lived experience with mental ill health.
- Alongside service providers we create theatre-based performances with audience interaction
- Approx. 1 hour (45 min of forum discussion and interaction)
- Featuring 3-4x professional youth actors with audience sizes up to 200
- Performance topics include; mental wellness, depression/anxiety, transitional stress or a custom script that can address specific needs of the school community.
Feedback from Teachers
“The actors were excellent in interacting with the students we have at our school. The show was the best I’ve seen in my 3 years at school… The topics covered were age appropriate and addressed the social skills we need in our area. Well done to everyone!! The children talked about the actors long after they had left. Their presence made a big impact on our students.”
Feedback from the Children
“It helped me learn about feelings and helps me know I can ask for help”
“I enjoyed the play, it was not only fun, but it made awareness around mental health.”
Get on board:
If you are interested in hosting a program in your school, do not hesitate to reach out to our team through our bookings page. If funding may be a restriction to your school we recommend that you send an expression of interests to our team through our contacts page.