Youth Mental Health Education Programs in Schools
Our school programs are evidence informed primary prevention focused, and they are designed to reduce the risk of suicide through interactive theatre in schools and communities.This is a suicide prevention approach. For more information contact the team.
We include young people through interactive theatre to empower them to be proactive about reducing the risk of youth suicide. We aim to reduce stigma about mental health in order to increase help-seeking.
How Does Mind Blank for Schools Work?
- Alongside service providers, we create theatre-based performances with audience interaction
- The performance features 3-4x professional youth actors, with audience sizes up to 180
- A lived experience story is showcased by our actors, captivating the young audience with the genuine reality of the story.
- The duration of each session is 1 hour (45 min of forum discussion and interaction, 15 min for questions)
- Performance topics include; Depression, Anxiety or a custom script that can address specific needs of the school community.
For more information click here.
To host a program in your school, we charge a rate of $1,500.00 for the first show and an additional $500.00 per show on the same day. Your generous purchase will fund the fees of our actors, cover travel expenses and enable the team at Mind Blank to continue to spread the word about youth suicide prevention, across Australia.
If funding is an issue, please contact the team. We are actively collecting letters of support to help apply for funding to subside costs for areas that need it most.
Our programs are evidence based practice, we work in parallel with health professionals and researchers to develop our scripts and approach.
The following topics are all part of our suicide prevention program series.