Mental Health & Drug Addiction
- Approximately 1 out of 5 Australians are affected by mental health issues.
- 1 in 20 Australians has an addiction or substance abuse problem. It is considered one of the major causes of mental illness as it results in changes and long-term damage to the brain and other organs. Besides physical health problems, drug addiction can also ruin other aspects of your quality if life.
- Mental and substance use disorders contributed 12% of Australia's total burden of disease, making it the fourth highest disease group contributing to total burden.
- Of the total burden caused by mental and substance use disorders, 98% was due to living with the effects of these disorders. Mental health and addiction disorders were the second-highest disease group contributing to non-fatal burden (23%).
Mental Health and Addiction on the Society
Inderviduals will have different coping mechanisms to deal with ongoing mental health imbalance. Some may find constructive ways of cope with balancing mental health issues. E.g. engaging in mindfulness activities and exercise. Some can find the use of drugs or medications to be a temporary relief. Reaching out to drugs and alchole when predisposed to mental health challenges can encourage a downward spiral and substance overuse can lead to various problems related to mental health and addiction concerns.
Mind Blank is an organisation that aims to promote mental health education around Australia. We make sure to provide knowledge on the important pathways to seek help to encourage emotional and mental wellness. We have collaborated with the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association to support further education opportunities and sector knowledge.
Australian & New Zealand Addiction Conference
With the 2021 Australian & New Zealand Addiction Conference taking place on Monday 7th of June – Wednesday 9th ofJune 2021 on the Gold Coast, MindBlank can provide the following discounts on in-person and virtual attendance. Just use either of our two codes to register with and save.
· In-Person attendance – current price $1,099.00 – Save $209.00 and register for$890.00 flat rate using discount code MINDBLANK15 via this link https://astmanagement.eventsair.com/addiction-2021/3-day-standard-registration/Site/Register
· Virtual attendance – current E/B price $328.90 – Save $32.89 and register for$296.01 flat rate using discount code MINDBLANK10 via this link https://astmanagement.eventsair.com/addiction-2021/e-del-eb/Site/Register
Through interactive workshops Mind Blank is able to help promote a positive workplace culture within targeted employers which can lead to greater awareness of and reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues within the workplace and our communities.Read more
Anxiety in Children. What are the causes? Click here to find out more through our online blog page.Read more
Find out about how bullying in schools can effecting children’s mental health. Be proactive about prevention today.Read more
We are all dealing with a changing world. This blog will feature some top tips to help easing out of lockdown.Read more
Depression in young adults is not something to take lightly. We believe that no one needs to suffer alone.Read more
Body Image issues in Young Adults is a subject we all need to talk about.Read more
Anxiety what are the facts and how to deal with it?Read more
Suicide Prevention can help create a better future for our young people. Read more out more about suicide prevetion via our online blog series.Read more
In 2017 Mind Blanks efforts were recognised in winning the Mental Health Matters Award for Mental Health Promotion, and in 2019 the team was presented with the Mental Health Services Award for Mental Illness Prevention.Read more
Mind Blank early intervention programs are known from winning award recognition in the mental health sector. Our award-winning programs have toured Australia wide. Enquire within.Read more
Mind Blank program evaluations encourage seek to understand our effectiveness against our intended goals. Want more info? Get in touch today.Read more
You may be looking for some additional help-seeking service support. Please note that Mind Blank itself does not provide crisis intervention or counselling, there are some help-seeking phone numbers and helplines provided on this page. If you are in need of urgent support or are worried about someone, please contact your local doctor or call emergency services on 000.Read more
Want to know what can you do to help support someone who is struggling? Here are our top 6 tips.Read more
Mind Blank is proud to announce that we have made an alliance with the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association.Read more
This article will feature's ways that you can boost your mental well-being.Read more
Nature and spending time outdoors are great for your mental health. Read on to find out why?Read more
The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Conference is designed to provide practical, relevant information and strategies for professionals to apply directly to their work supporting the mental health of children and adolescents from 3-19 years of age.Read more
Click here to find out more about the Mind Blank Ltd Whistle Blower policy.Read more
Are you thinking of making a donation to Mind Blank? Click here to find out more about Mind Blank Ltd's fundraising and collection policy.Read more
Mind Blank is proud to work alongside the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association to help support The Mental Health Connect 2020 Online Expo. Click here to find out more.Read more
This article features 10 insights regarding Workplace Mental Health. Find out what signs you can look out for when it comes to COVID 19.Read more
Mind Blank’s mission is supportive of Sustainable Development Goal 3.4 By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being. Find out how we complement making an impact in the community.Read more
Have you been feeling a little blue lately? This article will show you 10 things you can do to support your mental health today!Read more