This page will take you through the following information:
- Why your community service organisation should collaborate in hosting early intervention mental health strategies.
- We will show you an example of our work.
- Then we will run you through the bookings process.
Why Invest in Early Intervention Mental Health Strategies
· Kids Helpline has reported a spike in calls to counselling services from 5-year-olds (Smith, R. 2021)
· Every 3 hours in Australia more than one person takes their life by way of suicide (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare,2020), and 15 more 12-17year olds make an attempt (Orygen, 2017).
Community Explainer Video
Mind Blank’s Forum Theatre introduces a creative new method of approaching real world problems in a way that promotes audience interaction,realistic tactics and out of the box thinking to better prepare our kids for reality. Approx. 5.36sec.
What programs can we offer?
We host online and face to face events. We visit your service and perform our specially-designed interactive workshops, which tackle important topics surrounding mental ill-health, such as depression and anxiety. We are also able to provide custom scripts for your community’s specific needs.
We have programs designed for both Primary and High School aged students. Our programs are tailored to support each year group, covering different topics and developmental needs.
Below is a quick explainer video showcasing our workshop model.
What you get:
- A Mind Blank facilitator will come to your school and work with live actors to create role-play scenarios to problem solve key issues related to your needs
- Mental health tool kits and follow up resources
- Crisis card materials
We are not a crisis support service. We are not going to give you another speaker to share a personal story, and we do not offer mental health first aid. What we can offer is education programs that build skills. We guarantee high participant engagement in a fun and non-threatening environment.
This video is approx. 1.5mins in length. Mind Blank meets Patrick McGorry.
We have made a list of FAQ's that may assist your team in getting to know what is required when supporting a Mind Blank workshop.
For Child and Youth Services: click here.
For Job Service Providers: click here.
For a program pricing pack click here.