Want a job with a sense of purpose and the power to change lives?
Program Facilitator - Ensemble Actor Role
If you want:
- a career in the arts,
- to be involved in the social education and youth development,
- to support Mental Health initiatives, or
- the chance to make a real difference in the community
Mind Blank has a wonderful opportunity for you to get your foot in the door and kick start your career.
Mind Blank & Edgeworth Memorial Neighbourbood Centre are working alongside each other to deliver creative arts-based programs across schools in the City of Lake Macquarie local government area in 2024.
Mind Blank is a not-for-profit organization that generates awareness for mental health concerns in youth across Australia using interactive theatre pieces, engaging youth in a fresh and unique way. mindblank.org.au.
Edgeworth Memorial Neighbourbood Centre is a non-profit community-based service which provides a range of services within the Northlakes Area of Lake Macquarie. Originally Edgeworth Community Hall, the centre was built approximately 50 years ago on land donated to the community by The Joint Coal Board and contributions from members of the local community. https://www.emnc.org.au/
What You'll Be Doing:
As part of an ensemble cast you will be expected to have the ability to perform character roles according to designated Mind Blank scripts.
Facilitation/ MC Performance
This role entails the ability to facilitate interaction with audience members, and ensuring that the message of the script is clearly delivered by the performers.
Shared Manager Responsibilities
This role entails ensuring that everything necessary is onsite for the performance and that the performers are undertaking their duties in a safe working environment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The major objectives for the Creative Team roles are:
- Develop creative scripts and new projects (ensemble effort)
- Deliver early intervention program workshop programs
- Assist in handling performance enquiries after a show
- Attend rehearsals, training and wellness programs
- Self-evaluate effectiveness against your own job description
- Facilitate MC performances
- Project manage performances when nominated
What We Expect of You:
- Strong organisational skills
- Creative acting talent
- Ability and desire to take on a variety of tasks (in addition to acting responsibilities)
- Highly focused and energetic manner
- An open mind
- Resilience and the ability to handle unexpected change
- A personal and professional standard to which you hold yourself accountable
- A relevant qualification or is currently studying (e.g. Arts education, health, etc.)
- Goals you are driven to achieve
- The ability to work independently and be trustworthy
- A current Driver’s License
Essential selection criteria
- As a Facilitator, you must hold a valid and current Working with Children Check or Police check that is relevant to the State and Territory in which you work.
- Must live in the Greater Hunter and Central Coast Region.
For further company information, please visit our website at mindblank.org.au.
Want to get in touch? Contact 0468912399 or firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Actor Role enquiry for more details.
If you want to be part of an incredible company that makes a real difference in the community, apply now.