This page will take you through the following information:
- Why your service organisation should collaborate in hosting early intervention mental health strategies.
- We will show you an example of our work.
- Then we will run you through the bookings process.
To access an information pack:
Why Invest in Early Intervention Mental Health Strategies
· Kids Helpline has reported a spike in calls to counselling services from 5-year-olds (Smith, R. 2021)
· Every 3 hours in Australia more than one person takes their life by way of suicide (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare,2020), and 15 more 12-17year olds make an attempt (Orygen, 2017).
What programs can we offer?
We host online and face to face events. We visit your service and perform our specially-designed interactive workshops, which tackle important topics surrounding mental ill-health, such as depression and anxiety. We are also able to provide custom scripts for your community’s specific needs.
Here is a teaser video for Mind Blank youth programs: Approx. 5.36sec.
We spoke with Pat McGorry and here is what he has to say:
What you get:
- A Mind Blank facilitator will come to your school and work with live actors to create role-play scenarios to problem solve key issues related to the program materials.
- Follow up teachers resources and class plans
- Crisis card materials
We are not a crisis support service. We are not going to give you another speaker to share a personal story, and we do not offer mental health first aid. What we can offer is education programs that build skills. We guarantee high participant engagement in a fun and non-threatening environment.
We have made a list of FAQ's that may assist your team in getting to know what is required when supporting a Mind Blank workshop. To access:
For Child and Youth Services: click here.
For Job Service Providers: click here.
For a program pricing pack click here.
Where to next?
- To make a workshop booking click here.
- To enquire about our workshops and events click here.
- I am interested in some DIY content click here.
We provide quality fun and engaging mental health education programs for schools. We skill up children and young people with resilience and early intervention practices.Read more
Mind Blank mental health programs help people to build skills to support the effective implementation of wellbeing strategies in the workplace.Read more