This page will take you through the following information:
- Why your school should invest in early intervention mental health strategies.
- We will show you an example of our work.
- Then we will run you through the bookings process.
Why Invest in Early Intervention Mental Health Strategies
· Kids Helpline has reported a spike in calls to counselling services from 5-year-olds (Smith, R. 2021)
· Every 3 hours in Australia more than one person takes their life by way of suicide (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare,2020), and 15 more 12-17year olds make an attempt (Orygen, 2017).
What programs can we offer?
We host online and face to face events. We visit your school and perform our specially-designed interactive workshops, which tackle important topics surrounding mental ill-health, such as depression and anxiety. We are also able to provide custom scripts for your community’s specific needs.
We have programs designed for both Primary and High School aged students. Our programs are tailored to support each year group, covering different topics and developmental needs.
Here is a quick explainer video showcasing our workshop model: Expaliner video. Approx 4.28sec
What you get:
- A Mind Blank facilitator will come to your school and work with live actors to create role-play scenarios to problem solve key issues related to your needs.
- Follow up teacher resources and class plans
- Crisis card materials
We are not a crisis support service. We are not going to give you another speaker to share a personal story. What we can offer is education programs that build skills. We guarantee high participant engagement in a fun and non-threatening environment.
- Depression (suicide prevention)
- Respectful relationships
- Undiagnosed mental health issues
We have made a list of FAQ's that may assist your team in getting to know what is required when supporting a Mind Blank workshop. To access:
For Primary Schools FAQ: click here.
For High Schools FAQ: click here.
For Primary Schools: click here.
For High Schools: click here.
Where to next?
We offer training, education, and awareness programs to build mental health skills. We welcome community sector collaborations.Read more