Mind Blank For Schools
Explainer video. Approx 4.28sec
This page will take you through the following information:
- Why your school should invest in early intervention mental health strategies.
- We will show you an example of our work
- Then we will run you through the bookings process.
Click on the link below for an information pack:
Why Invest in Early Intervention Mental Health Strategies
· Kids Helpline has reported a spike in calls to counselling services from 5-year-olds (Smith, R. 2021)
· Every 3 hours in Australia more than one person takes their life by way of suicide (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare,2020), and 15 more 12-17year olds make an attempt (Orygen, 2017).
What programs can we offer?
We host online and face to face events. We visit your school and perform our specially-designed interactive workshops, which tackle important topics surrounding mental ill-health, such as depression and anxiety. We are also able to provide custom scripts for your community’s specific needs.
We have accredited programs designed for both Primary and High School aged students. Our programs are tailored to support each year group, covering different topics and developmental needs.
What you get:
- A Mind Blank facilitator will come to your school and work with live actors to create role-play scenarios to problem solve key issues related to your needs.
- Follow up teacher resources and class plans
- Crisis card materials
Mind Blankoffers education programs that build skills and mental health literacy. Weguarantee high participant engagement in a fun, participatory andnon-threatening environment.